A Productive Farewell from The Restore Us Institute
Restore Us Institute (RUI) has officially dissolved and ceased operations. This last RUI communication explains why.
On a shoestring budget, in two years, RUI has productively fulfilled the doable part of its 501(c)(3) nonprofit mission: “Restore Internet accountability to protect people from online harm.”
RUI was the only entity to date, dedicated to restoring Internet accountability in U.S. policy and law, via research and education.
This enabled RUI to produce the independent research, analysis, and proof necessary, for the public and the U.S. Government to restore Internet accountability in the future, when conditions are better than the current chaos.
The relevant proverb here is true, “you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.”
That said, horses eventually get thirsty and need a drink in the future.
That’s why RUI has ensured its unique Internet accountability research will remain available to the public and the Government going forward with no rights reserved, at this online address, RestoreUsInstitute.org.
This way RUI’s research, analysis, and proof, can continue to be productive in the future.
RUI’s legacy is twofold.
First, it is the only entity that has researched, documented, and proved that U.S. Internet unaccountability policy/law has largely caused the evident degradation of: America’s Constitution, rule of law, civil justice, and democracy; individuals’ liberty, equality, rights, and privacy; America’s national security and public safety; and the health and honesty of America’s economy, commerce, markets, and society.
Second, it recommends the only holistic solution that could resolve all the above degradations of America and Americans, so others can fix it in the future when conditions warrant it.
None of this could have been possible without the great support of our board, donors, advisors, allies, and readers. Thank you everyone. We are very grateful for your support and ongoing interest.
With gratitude and goodwill,
RUI’s 15-Part Internet Accountability Research Series in PDFs:
- Summary Evidence of Out-of-control U.S. Internet Harms & Crimes — 1-10-23
- Summary Evidence of Americans’ Support for Internet Accountability — 1-13-23
- The Cause of America’s Self-defeating Internet-Insecurity — 1-19-23
- The Cause of America’s Moral/Ethical Decline Online — 1-23-23
- The Cause of America’s Widespread Worsening — 1-27-23
- The Evidence Internet Injustices Are Mass Victimizing Americans. — 1-31-23
- The Evidence Americans Are Losing Their Liberties and Rights. — 2-3-23
- The Case America Overall is Worse Off since Section 230. — 2-6-23
- The Policymaker Case for Section 230 Repeal — 2-28-23
- The Case Section 230 Makes America Worse Economically, Financially, Socially. – 3-7-23
- The Evidence & Analysis Exposing America’s Internet Injustice System. — 3-21-23
- The Case that What Makes AI Most Dangerous Makes It Most Fixable. — 4-25-23
- The Evidence Section 230’s Key Precedent is Fraudulent Not Congress’ Intent. – 5-23-23
- The Case that Section 230 is the U.S. Constitution’s Worst Enemy. — 7-25-23
- The Evidence Section 230’s Uncivil War Is Destroying Democracy in America. — 10-17-23